Sunday, January 11, 2009

Beading

Back when I was in elementary school, I used to love going to this place called Beads and Things. It was just down the street from where I used to live in Cupertino, and it had the coolest, most beautiful array of beads, stones, and various jewelry findings anyone could wish for - a real beader's heaven. Anyway, after all the fun I've been having with making Shrinky Dinks jewelry, I decided to pick beading back up and see what I can do now. I made these last night.


Materials:
Seed beads
Bugle beads
Stretchy beading string
Semi precious stone chips
Clear nail polish (for knot sealing)


The first ring I made.



For some reason, this one turned out a little bigger than my previous one, which went on my middle finger. I tried this one out on my big toe, however, and it was the perfect fit :)


I got a little more ambitious after the rings, and decided to make a choker...




...which I happily discovered could also easily be "converted" into a bracelet.

I was so happy with how the necklace/bracelet turned out that I decided to make a matching ring for it.

Here's a shot of all three rings together. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment