Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crocheting

For years, I've been wanting to learn how to crochet. A couple of months ago, I finally started turning those thoughts into actual action. After many, many exasperating failed attempts at teaching myself how to crochet, I finally started to get the hang of it after two very long weeks. That's really, really impressive for me, since I usually give up whatever it is I may be trying to learn if I don't catch on in a reasonable amount of time (meaning, right away).

Materials:
Yarn
Crochet hooks
Yarn needle
Crochet patterns


Here is the very first thing I successfully crocheted. It's a soap cozy! The top can be tightened and/or loosened by tugging on the loop attached to the pouch. It's made to be hung in the shower, and it is much easier to make than it probably looks.



This is what it looks like when it's actually holding a bar of soap. It was a present for my sister, Kristina.

- Photograph by Kristina Hsieh -

This was my second crochet project. The pattern I used was for a jewelry roll, but I made it bigger so that I can use it as a handy little crochet hook holder. It holds about 8 crochet hooks, plus two yarn needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment