Thursday, January 8, 2009

Needlework

::Cross Stitch::

I started cross stitching my second year in college. Eight years and many abandoned projects later, here are what I've actually managed to complete. 

Materials:
Needle
Thread
Scissors
Cross stitch hoop
Cross stitch fabric
Cross stitch pattern

Here's the very first cross stitch I ever completed. Words cannot describe my joy and disbelief as I made the last stitch...I never in all honesty thought I'd ever actually finish one of these things! It probably helped that it's only 2.5" in diameter. Why didn't I start out with something this size back when I first took up this craft??


After Eeyore, I got to feeling really ambitious. I made this as a Christmas present for Gayle, Ryan's fabulous mother. I must say, I am extremely pleased with how it turned out, especially after I matted and framed it. 


Here's a closer look at it.


And an even closer look.

- Photographs by Ryan Pugh - 

1 comment: